How to Earn Money from Affiliate Marketing? The Big Question
What is affiliate marketing, and can you make money from this? Do you have similar questions in your mind? If yes, then you’ve arrived at the right place. Here I’m going to tell you what is affiliate marketing and how to earn money from affiliate marketing?
We’re living in a digital age where everything is completely dependent on the internet. Be it selling your old items or buying a new one; you can do it easily with the help of the internet. When it comes to online shopping, Amazon and Flipkart are the most go-to sites for everyone today! However, not everyone is aware of the products available online.
So by cashing this lack of knowledge about products, you can start an affiliate marketing website and earn money. You’ll be shocked to know that your affiliate marketing is one of the fastest growing online businesses these days. You can easily make huge money with an affiliate marketing website.
In simple words, affiliate marketing means selling the products of a company or organisation in its way, through online promotion. When you sell the product of that company, you get a commission for it. This entire process is called affiliate marketing. Let me tell you that the trend of affiliate marketing has started ever since online product selling websites like Amazon and Flipkart came into existence.
How to Earn from Affiliate Marketing? The Process
If you want to earn from affiliate marketing, you need to understand how it works and how to earn money from affiliate marketing? Any product based organisation that manufactures and sells products has to do product promotion for revenue generation. It has to be advertised. When that product reaches the people, then only people will buy them, and all these things cost a lot of money.
That is why all e-commerce platforms launch their affiliate program and give people a chance to earn money. The e-commerce platform also provides you with a digital banner or affiliate link.
If you’re selling an affiliate product, you’ll have to share the link of that product or digital banner of that product on your website. And whosoever clicks on that link or banner, will be redirected to the e-commerce website and can buy this product from there. If the person places an order after redirecting from your website, you’ll get paid for it.
The entire affiliate marketing program is based on the commission. You can sell products from across the categories. However, the commission amount varies from product to product. For example, if you sell beauty or fashion-based products, you get a higher commission, while if you sell an electronic-based product, you get less commission.
Important Terms of Affiliate Marketing
Before you start making money from affiliate marketing, here’re some important things that you should know about it. You cannot understand affiliate marketing without having proper knowledge of the following.
- Affiliate:Affiliate is the one who has joined the affiliate program with an e-commerce platform and promotes the product of that company through his blog or website or social media.
- Affiliate Marketplace:The e-commerce companies that offer affiliate programs are called affiliate marketplace. They launch their affiliate programs and allow people to join them and earn like Amazon, Flipkart, GoDaddy, etc.
- Commission:Well! As the term, itself refers that it talks about the commission amount that you earn by being a mediator between the customer and the e-commerce platform. Whatever product you sell, you get a commission amount for that, which is different for each product. However, the commission amount varies from product to product or platform to platform.
- Affiliate Link:Without an affiliate link, you cannot sell any product. The product you want to sell has a unique link. And you have to sell the products through that link only. All affiliates are given a separate link. Each link has your ID, which is called the affiliate ID, which is different for every affiliate marketer.
- Payment: So, we’ve talked about some important terms related to affiliate marketing. Now let’s come to the main point, that is, money! How will the money be received? Well! Let me tell you that the payment method is different for every company, but most companies pay you through bank or PayPal. Also, it is not that if you sell a product, you will get money hand to hand. No, it does not happen like this. You have to cross the payment threshold of that e-commerce platform to receive payment. Suppose there is a company that provides affiliate programs and the payment threshold of that company is $100, so whenever you sell a product worth $100 in your account, then you’ll receive the money.
How to Join the Affiliate Program?
To join the affiliate program of any company, you have to go to that company’s website. There are companies such as Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, GoDaddy, etc. that provide affiliate programs. First of all, you have to visit their website and find their affiliate program policy. Click on the option and gather all the necessary information. The site might ask to require your essential information like full name, address, country, zip code, email ID, mobile number, etc.
And whatever information it requires, you have to give it. There’s nothing to worry about sharing your information. This information will only help you to get the most suitable affiliate marketing programs. After that, you can create your account on that website. And later, by logging into your account, you can sell any product that is available on the website.
Many companies give you an opportunity to join affiliate programs with them. The most common ones are Amazon, Flipkart, GoDaddy, SnapDeal, eBay, etc. Well! I hope that this article was helpful enough, and you got the basic understanding of earning money through affiliate marketing. So, what are you waiting for? Jump in right now and start earning from this smart way of selling.